5 DIY Homemade Face Scrubs & Masks!
Whether you suffer from dry skin, oily skin or a combination of both – if you haven’t found the right product on the market for your skin yet, maybe you should try a new approach! 😉
Here are 5 DIY Homemade Face Scrubs & Masks that might help you with whatever issue is afflicting your skin.
1) Mash a banana and apply to your face. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with cool water. Gives your skin a glow and combats rough skin patches. Great to use on your elbow too, if you have “sandpaper” elbows!
2) Mix 1 tbsp. unsweetened plain yogurt + 1 tbsp. honey and use as a facial cleanser, moisturizer, skin-brightener and it even helps fade scars!
3) ½ Ripe avocado + ½ Cup of oatmeal; Cook the oatmeal according to the package instructions, then mash in your avocado. Once cooled enough, apply to your face allow to sit 10-15 minutes, then wash off with warm water. This recipe helps re-hydrate dry skin.
4) Mix 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar + 1 tbsp. your favorite facial cleanser to turn your own face wash into an exfoliating face wash, then just wash your face as you normally would.
5) Mix 1 tbsp. Baking Soda + 1 tbsp. your favorite facial cleanser then apply to your face and allow to sit 2-3 minutes then rinse with warm water to combat oily skin and calm irritated skin.
I personally use the Brown Sugar Scrub (#4) a few times a week during the fall and winter, when the weather cools and my skin starts to get dry. It sloughs away the dead skin without being too rough or harsh like some exfoliating cleansers can be!!