I was having a conversation with a long time friend the other day and she said she didn’t coupon because she “won’t eat most the junk coupons are for.”
To which I said: “Oh? So Steff you don’t eat salad mix, fruits, veggies and organic snack goodies?”
Her rebuttal: “You can’t find deals or coupons for any of that stuff!”
And although she is wonderful, lovable, and usually informative she is also very WRONG in this matter. Yes you can find coupons and deals for all of the above!
They might be elusive and some are hidden out in the digital world or have to come directly from the manufacturer but I promise you they are around! Here’s how to wrangle you a produce coupon unicorn:
1. Write to companies and tell them how awesome, fresh, and delicious their goodies are. Be direct and ask if they have coupons available so that you and your family can keep enjoying those wonderful healthy foods.
2. Sign up for the Email Newsletter. You’d be surprised how often a company will email you with coupons.
3. Keep your eyes open for peelies or hang tags on general grocery items. Many times they will have a save X on dairy/fruit/veggies when you buy X of our product. These are awesome and go a long way! A few weeks ago I found a fantastic deal on Zico Coconut Water…not only was I able to score each coconut water for $0.50 BUT I was also able to score bunches and bunches of free bananas after a $1 Bananas wyb2 Zico water hangtag, that was right on my product! (Banana bread, banana smoothies, banana pudding…lol you guys get it!)
4. Still got those eyes peeled? Good, be on the lookout for donation booklets. Not only will become a better person by donating to a great cause (food for karma and your soul 😀) but you will score TONS of great coupons. In our Stop&Shop Cure for Cancer booklet we have some awesome Dole salad mix coupons and $80+ more in coupons.
5. Rule of thumb: apply overages to fresh foods. If I have a MM deal and maybe a store coupon (X off Produce when you spend X) I stack the overage and store coupon for some super cheap-o fresh foods.
6. Always check your rebate apps, they ALL have produce promos and those $0.25 add up fast! I mean you were gonna buy fresh fruit, veggies, milk, eggs, and bread anyways…why not take a few minutes and cash in? (Ibotta, Savinstar, MobiSave, and Checkout51…just to name a few)
I hope this helps all of you skeptic Stephanie’s (😜) get your feet on the ground! But just to guide you down the right path I’m also including a few awesome companies/websites to look into:
Del Monte: this company can be a little sneaky but when they put out coupons they putout some AWESOME ones! A few months ago in March they had a $0.75 Fresh produce IP on hopster!! Be on the lookout it will be back….till then check out your inserts and Internet databases, Del Montes great at circulating coupons.
Dole: this coupon is AMAZING at distributing coupon! I’m talking insert, IP, hangtags, peelies, instant savings deals! Let’s give a little round of applause, Thanks Dole! Oh yeah, you can also email them and tell them they’re awesome or not so awesome and they’ll send you some coupons.
Driscolls: You’ll get a $0.50/1 for signing up for their berry community Panel. You can take panel surveys with the codes inside your berry containers for $0.50/1 coupons. After 6 panel berry surveys they up your savings to $0.75/1! Stack this with a BOGO and you’ll be making almost free berry jam all summer!
Earthbound Farm Organics: Sign up for their organic bound newsletter and get a $1/1 coupon. This company is GREAT at sending out email coupons so be on the lookout when you sign up. I scored super $$$ containers of these for $0.67 at ShopRite a few months ago when this brand was a part of an instant savings promo.
Fresh express: sign up for their salad swap and newsletter to score some awesome coupons!
Green Giant : So many product options with this company AND they always have coupons! You can write them and tell them how awesome their peas are OR just keep those eyes peeled at the grocery store for peelies!
Mambo Sprouts: all yummy, all organic, all the coupons you need! You print right odd the site or request a coupon booklet for later use.
Nature sweet: Contact them they’ll send a q! There’s also some insert coupons available every now and again.
Organic Girl: while we do <3 Organic Girl organic products the can get pricey! You’ll receive a $1 coupon just for signing up.
Hope this helps and as always Happy (healthy) Shopping everyone! 😊