Ice Castles ~ Fun for the Whole Family!
If you are looking for something different to do, this is an arctic blast! Bahhaahhhaaa
Last weekend we went to the Ice Castles in Lincoln, NH! Yes we decided to wait till we had -6 degree weather, with a windchill of -32, to head out these magnificent Ice Castles. Just in case you do not believe me! Yes we are crazy!
We decided to go at 5:30 so that we could take advantage of seeing the castles with the light of day and also after the sun had gone down to experience the Ice Castles being lit up!
At the Lincoln, NH Ice Castles location they have two slides inside. One was more for the smaller kids, but I did see adults go down. If I had my snow pants on, I would have been all over that! Here is the bottom of the slide! This shot was hard to get since it was non stop kids coming out of it!
The castle even had a second level to it so you could over look the castle floor. It was really beautiful. Now my only regret was not the day with the horrible weather, it was not wearing my snow pants and a really thick pair of gloves!
So to get the most out of your trip here are a few tips for your visit!
- Wear warm clothes! You might even want to wear your snow gear to stay warm. I wish I had.
- Wear a scarf, especially if it is really cold. It is nice to have something covering your face if you need it.
- Be prepared for lines! Yes you stand outside to get inside to the Ice Castles!
- Bring hand warmers or buy some there. Due to the extreme cold weather my hands had instant frost bite.
- Bring a camera! There are lots of great photo opportunities within the Ice Castles!
- Wear your snow boots, the floor is made of crushed ice. I loved the look of the floor!
- Make sure to buy your tickets ahead of time!! They sell out quick!!!
If given the opportunity, I would totally go again! I would pick a warmer day so I could spend more time enjoying the Ice Castles! My visit was cut short due to the weather! Even the kids loved the slides and sights.
One of my favorite things was the water fountain! I wanted to post the picture of us in front of it, but I could still see other people in the back ground of the picture, so to respect others privacy you will just have to imagine it! Sorry! I just loved this sign so I thought I would add it!
If you are looking for something to do over school vacation week this upcoming week, grab 15% OFF your tickets HERE and do something different!
Ice Castles are locations:
- Midway, UT
- Eden Prairie, MN
- Lincoln NH
- Edmonton, AB