Publix Coupon Policy
Publix accepts manufacturers’ coupons (limit one per item), Publix coupons, valid Internet coupons, and coupons from nearby competitors identified for each Publix store. (Competitor names are posted at each Publix store.) All coupons must be originals—no copies.
- We will accept coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only.
- We will not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons.
- We will only accept coupons for identical merchandise we sell.
- Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon and we reserve the right to limit quantities.
- Manager approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.00.
- For a buy-one-get-one free (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate purchase.
- We will not accept coupons presented via a mobile phone or device.
- We will accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor coupon on the same item.
- Digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturer paper coupons on the purchase of a single item.
- Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor coupon per order.
- The order total must be equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented.
Public Coupon Policy Questions and Answers
Buy One Get One Coupons
Q: I have a buy-one-get-two-free coupon from a competitor of Publix. Will Publix accept it?
A: Yes. If you’re purchasing the identical merchandise at Publix, we’ll accept BOGO and buy-one-get-two-free coupons from competitors’ stores.
Q: A competitor on a store’s approved list is offering a $5 off a $25 order coupon when I sign up to receive communications from them. Will Publix take this coupon?
A: Yes. You’ve already signed up with the competitor to receive the coupon, so now all you have to do is purchase $25 worth of groceries.
Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon that indicates I must present my retailer rewards card to use the coupon?
A: Yes. Publix doesn’t require you use a reward card, but we would be happy to honor this coupon if you meet the other purchase requirements on the coupon.
Q: Can a store coupon, competitor coupon, and manufacturer’s coupon all be used for one item?
A: No. A manufacturer’s coupon can be combined with a Publix coupon or with a competitor’s coupon, but not both.
Q: If an item already has a manufacturer’s coupon attached, will Publix still take an additional manufacturer’s coupon on the item?
A: Sorry, but no. Publix will take an additional Publix or competitor’s coupon, but we can only take one manufacturer’s coupon for an item, regardless of where the coupon came from.
Q: I have a “$1 off the purchase of two items” manufacturer’s coupon. Can another manufacturer’s coupon be used for either of these items?
A: No. When the manufacturer issues a “$1 off the purchase of two items” coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. So, because you have to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements, a manufacturer’s coupon has already been applied to both items.
Q: I have a BOGO manufacturer’s coupon. Can another manufacturer’s coupon be used for either of these items?
A: No. When the manufacturer issues a BOGO coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. So, because you have to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements, a manufacturer’s coupon has already been applied to both items.
Gift Card Coupons
Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a free $5 gift card with the purchase of an item or items (e.g. a coupon for “Buy both Raid Max Bug Barriers 1 gallon Starter Kit and Refill, Receive a $5 store gift card”).
A: Yes, if we carry the identical items named on the coupon, you’ll receive a $5 Publix gift card with the required purchase.
Q: Does Publix accept prescription coupons from all pharmacies or only from your listed competitors?
A: Publix accepts coupons for prescriptions from all local retail pharmacies.
Rain Checks and Coupons
Q: What if I have a rain check and a coupon for an item, but the coupon is now expired, though it was valid on the date the rain check was issued. Can I still use the coupon on the item?
A: Yes, Publix will accept the coupon that was valid on the date the rain check was issued.
Private Label Coupons
Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?
A: Yes. We’re happy to accept a coupon for a competitor’s private label product because it’s a chance to introduce you to our terrific Publix brand.
Print a copy of Publix Coupon Policy HERE
Print a copy of Publix Coupon Policy HERE