Tip of the Day – Catalina’s (CAT’s)
There seems to be a lot of confusion lately about what you get from the CAT machines and how to use them. I wrote this up to clarify all that.
There are different types items that you can receive from the magical CAT machine. Here are some of them, if not all.
1. On your next order (OYNO) q’s – These are earned when you buy specific products under a current CAT promotion. i.e. buy 6 Gerber products get 3.00 off OYNO.
These types of CAT’s can be used on anything and in conjunction with mfr and store coupons. The sky’s the limit with these, per se.
2. Manufacturer (MFR) q’s-the machine will print out mfr q’s. You CANNOT use these with other mfr q’s, whether it be internet printable (IP) or insert q’s. You can however combine with store coupons or LTC at Stop & Shop. You cannot combine with MyMixx q’s at Shaw’s.
3. Store q’s – You CANNOT use these with other store coupons, i.e. the ones you receive in the mail. You can however combine these with mfr q’s and LTC q’s at SS and MyMixx q’s at Shaw’s
4. Catalina Previews – You will get CAT’s that will let you know what the next CAT deal is coming up or current deal is. i.e. buy 7 soups get 3.00 off OYNO from x date to x date. These cannot be used for any discount. They are just informative. They will say “Not a redeemable coupon” on them.
5. Store Deal Previews – Sometimes the machine will print out advertisements of upcoming deals. These cannot be used for any discount. They are just informative.
6. Other store’s coupons – Sometimes the CAT machine will give you other store’s coupons as a form of cross promotion. i.e. Coupon good for 25% off Michael’s. This type of q can only be used in the store it says on the CAT.
I can’t find an example of this, but I tend to get a 19.95 oil change CAT q from Wags a lot.
If you have any questions, let me know.