Inns and B&Bs throughout the U.S. and Canada are looking forward to welcoming active military, retired military and vets for Veteran’s Day. Participating properties will offer complimentary stays to one or more vets and a guest on Sunday, November 10, 2013 or Monday, November 11, 2013 as a thank you for service to our country. Innkeepers may choose to give away rooms on either Sunday or Monday (or both!) depending upon what works best for them.
Rules of Participation for Active/ Retired Military and Vets:
- A military ID or discharge papers may be required to prove military duty and active or prior military duty will be verified. Please be prepared to show evidence of prior military duty if asked by the innkeeper.
- A credit card number may be required to hold the room. We ask that all those participating understand their card may be charged for the full amount of one night’s stay in the event of a no-show. The room is only free if the guest shows up.
- Rooms are limited. Once they have filled at an individual inn, military and vets can try another inn, but are asked to be respectful of innkeepers if there are no rooms available. New inns are joining the program each day, so be sure to check back.
- Vets may bring one guest to stay with them. Most guest rooms at inns and B&Bs accommodate two people maximum and while some B&Bs can accommodate children, many are not appropriate for children 12 and under. Additionally, while some are pet-friendly, many inns/B&Bs are unable to accommodate pets.
- Please be aware of the property’s guidelines and rules before making a reservation, and follow the policies and guidelines for maximum in the room, cancellations, etc.
- Almost all inns and B&Bs are smoke-free. Some may provide outdoor locations for smoking but many do not allow smoking in or outside whatsoever.
- Go to the B&Bs for Vets page onwww.BetterwaytoStaycom.
- Scroll down and sort offers by the state where you wish to book your stay.
- A list of participating inns from that state will appear.
- Offers will appear FULL as rooms are filled at participating inns. Innkeepers may have waiting lists in the event of cancellations. If you see an inn/B&B indicate that it is FULL you may call to see if it is possible to be placed on the waiting list or move on to another option on the list.
- Make arrangements for your free stay by contacting the inn/B&B where you wish to stay directly by phone or email. No arrangements for complimentary stays can be made via this website.