10 Cornstarch Hacks
Cornstarch is a pantry staple in most homes.. but did you know that there are ways to use it all around the home, other than just in your kitchen to thicken stew? Oh yeah!! It’s a versatile product to keep on hand for at least 10 other uses that I’m gonna tell you all about..
1. Add a tablespoon of cornstarch to your Window Cleaner for a streak-free shine!!
2. Got a grease stain on the carpet? Sprinkle on some cornstarch and allow to sit for 20 minutes to absorb the grease, then vacuum away.
3. If you’ve got a squeaky floor, sprinkle some cornstarch over the squeak and sweep. It’ll work into the nooks & crannies of the floor and the squeak will stop!
4. Can’t find the right deodorant? Rub under your armpits with a cotton ball or rag with rubbing alcohol, then rub cornstarch over the armpit to combat the smell and absorb the moisture.
5. No dry shampoo? No problem! Sprinkle a little cornstarch onto your hair line and along the base of the neck, then brush through to absorb any oil and refresh your ‘do 🙂
6. Rub some cornstarch into a knotted chain, or other jewelry, shoelace, ect. to easily loosen the knot and FREE your item!
7. No powder to set your makeup? A light dusting of cornstarch will set your makeup and absorb any moisture for a shine-free look.
8. Smelly shoes? Sprinkle in some cornstarch to fight the stink!
9. Love the Matte Lipstick look? Dust your lips with cornstarch before applying any lipstick to DIY mattify.
10. Check out our Homemade Play Dough made with cornstarch + hair conditioner for hours of fun for your tots!
I’d highly recommend the deodorant hack if you, like me, have issues finding the right stick because of an allergy! Just remember not to shave your pits first before the alcohol step (prior to the cornstarch) because.. UM, OW! lol.
I hope you enjoy these tips 😉