Stock up and try these super easy cereal bars! I have a LOT of Kashi in the house but zero boxes of granola bars. If you are in the same boat (or will be soon, after you stock up this week), keep reading!
I am on a constant quest for good granola bar recipes. I am a lunch packing fanatic… in other words, I hugely obsess over the lunches I pack for my husband and our daughter. There always needs to be a snack-y thing and I prefer it be a granola bar type item but when I don’t have any purchased or made, I tend to add cookies because I want there to be something homemade. Of course cookies are yummy, but I’d rather pack something healthier and save those for a special treat later. Anyway, today on my granola bar quest, I came across a super easy cereal bar recipe and whipped these guys up in no time at all! They will do the trick and are certainly healthier (and even easier) than the cookies I packed all last week.
- 3 cups dry cereal (I used 3 Kashi cups ~ 2 Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat and 1 Go Lean)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey (I used almost 1/2 cup and topped it off with maple syrup when I ran out)
- Line 8×8 square pan with parchment paper
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a saucepan and heat on medium until it just starts to simmer, stirring constantly (about 2-3 minutes)
- Remove from heat and stir until well combined
- Add cereal and stir until evenly coated
- Pour mixture into pan, cover with parchment and press firmly
- Let sit for 1 hour
- Use sharp knife to cut into bars or squares
Enjoy… and please visit my blog for links to the original recipe and my serious plea for your favorite granola bar recipe because I am in great need!!