7 APPS TO HELP YOU SAVE MONEY WHILE SOCIALLY DISTANCING
With the current state of the world, many of us are trying our best to social distance and stay out of stores, but having groceries delivered often means we are unable to snag those awesome deals that coupons provide. Personally, I am not going into stores but still want to make sure I’m being as financially savvy as possible. Fortunately, we live in the digital age which means we have many apps at our disposable to reduce the physical contact that comes with traditional paper coupons. Here’s a list of apps you can use in lieu of (or to supplement!) physical coupons, and to help maintain social distance:
- ibotta – a tried and true favorite. I’ve been using ibotta for years – it’s a rebate app you can download right onto your phone and is easy to use. You simply snap a picture of your receipt, upload directly to the app and TA DA! The money is deposited right into your ibotta account! ibotta is my most-used digital coupon app simply because so many stores are on the platform, making it an easy one-stop app. Sign up HERE to get started with a $10 bonus!
- Checkout51 – similar to ibotta, Checkout 51 is a rebate app that allows you to upload a picture of your receipt directly to the app and you can cashout once you reach the $20 threshold.
- Stop & Shop – The Stop & Shop app has many of the same coupons you’ll see available to print from coupons.com and you can upload them directly to your stop and shop card from the app. While you can’t use paper coupons with Stop & Shops Peapod service, you CAN use the digital coupons on the app with Peapod!
- Target – While Target’s app isn’t a rebate one like some of the above, it’s the perfect partner to a social distancing lifestyle. You can put an order in for your local store, and within 4 hours the app will let you know when your order is ready. The best part? They have a drive up pick up option – simply tell the app when you’ve arrived and an employee will bring your order out to your car – you never have to step into the store, or touch anything. Target always has plenty of sales, promo codes, and coupons to help you keep saving while quarantining.
- ShopRite From Home – Similar to Peapod, Shop Rite also has a grocery delivery service! You can use digital coupons and select a delivery time slot that works best for you. Check out this link for more information.
- SavingStar – Similar to ibotta’s one-stop model, SavingStar allows you to upload loyalty cards for various stores to the app. Once you shop, the rebates automatically process without the need to upload a receipt. One less thing for you and cashier’s to touch and reduce unnecessary physical contact.
- Rakuten – Formerly known as Ebates, Rakuten gives you awesome discounts both in store and online for thousands of retailers. Some current offers include 8% back at PetSmart (cats and dogs need grocery deliveries too!), 3% back at Walgreens, and coupons for CVS! Sign up here.