7 Creative Club Soda Saviors!
Club Soda is not only a great beverage and mixer for your favorite cocktails, it’s also one of the most versatile items in have around your home for some truly creative saviors, as I call them! Great hacks for life 😉
Check out these 7 genius uses:
1. Water Houseplants – Got some flat Club Soda left in that bottle? Don’t toss it, water your houseplants with it! Club Soda contains potassium and other minerals that will help enrich the soil.
2. Windshield Cleaner – Fill up a spray bottle with Club Soda and keep it in your car to clean your windshield. The fizziness from the bubbles will help break down grease or bird poo when those unfortunate but inevitable situations arise!
3. Make Fluffy Pancakes – When you’re whipping up your weekend batch of pancakes, replace half the liquid (milk or water, whatever the recipe calls for) with Club Soda for a lighter and fluffier pancake.. Mmm!
4. Kitchen Cleaner – Dampen a clean rag with Club Soda to clean lots of places in your kitchen including: counters, sinks, stove top, inside the fridge and even your porcelain fixtures!! No rinsing needed either. Same as the windshield cleaner, the fizziness helps break down gunk in the kitchen but is gentle enough that it won’t damage any surface.
5. Hair Damage Control – Summer can be tough on your hair.. all that chlorine from summer swimming can turn your hair green! Combat the chlorine with Club Soda. Rinse your your with Club Soda after a swim to prevent that damage chlorine water does to our hair.
6. Natural Antacid – Got an upset tummy? Drink some Club Soda! The bicarbonate in club soda is an ingredient in antacids, so you’ll naturally fight those tummy troubles without yucky medicines or chalky tablets.
7. Clean Your Cast Iron – When you’re done cooking in that amazing cast iron pan, pour some Club Soda into the pan while it’s still warm. It will essentially “de-glaze” the pan (that phrase you hear all the time on Food Network? lol) which just means it will loosen anything stuck to the pan by introducing the cooler liquid into the pan while it’s still heated. Then the fizz while work double time to loosen that food and make for an easy cleaning!
Club Soda is such a cheap item you can pick up anywhere since no specific brand is needed to help in unexpected ways all throughout your home and life.. so stock up the next time you find a great price!!