Don’t forget to pick up your FREE Pillsbury Grands Jr Biscuits at Shaw’s this week!
Once you’ve stocked up, head to the kitchen and fix up this simple, yummy, sweet treat. If you’ve already gotten yours, surprise your family with a special breakfast tomorrow morning!
These are way yummier than any of those store bought cinnamon rolls… no doubt about it! They are much cheaper too.
You can top these with icing if you like (we do) but I apologize for the fact that the icing is one of those recipes in which I don’t use exact measurements! You can’t really mess it up though – if it gets too thin, add more sugar, if it gets too thick, add more milk (a little bit of milk goes a long way so only add it a drop at a time).
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 roll of small canned biscuits
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put butter in a pie plate in the oven as it heats and remove when the butter is melted
- Cut biscuits into quarters, covering bottom of pie plate, on top of melted butter (I use scissors)
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over top
- Bake for 15 minutes
- While baking, mix together icing ingredients
- After removing from oven, drizzle immediately with icing, and serve!
- powdered sugar (maybe a 1/2 cup-ish?)
- couple teaspoons milk (not sure how much, just add drops and mix until you get the consistency you want)
- drop of vanilla
Original recipe can be found here.