Classic Green Bean Casserole with a twist!
Green Bean Casserole was invented in the Campbell’s Test Kitchen in 1955. With it’s smooth and creamy sauce, and crunchy onion topping, there isn’t much not to love!
But wait, we have a twist to this recipe that’s going to knock your guests off their chairs! (hopefully, not literally!) Get all the creamy, powerful flavors you love, but in a more explosive cheesy, bacon-ey way!
Tell me, who doesn’t LOVE bacon and cheese? Ok, probably someone whose body cannot tolerate it. But if it can, then you MUST try this twisted version of Green Bean Casserole!
Cheddar Bacon Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 slices of Bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 8 cups of cooked Green Beans (or 4 cans, any style)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 2/3 cup French’s Fried Onions
- 1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 3 quart baking dish, stir together soup, milk, 1/2 the cheese, 3/4 of the bacon, 1 1/3 cup onions, and beans.
- Bake for 25 min. or until beans are HOT and tender. Stir mixture.
- Top with remaining Cheese, Onion, and Bacon. Bake 5 more min.