Exciting News: We are now on Telegram and BAND
Never miss a deal! Get all the newest deals sent via Text
Dollar General DG Auto Motor Oil Class Action Settlement!
Dollar General Corp. has agreed to a $28.5 million settlement to benefit those consumers who purchased DG Auto motor oils. The lawsuit alleges that Dollar General Corp. deceptively marketed and sold DG Auto motor oils that were obsolete and could potentially harm vehicles according to Top Class Actions.
If you live in the U.S., and purchased any of the following DG Auto motor oils between Sept. 1, 2010, and Dec. 31, 2017 then you are eligible to file a claim:
- DG SAE 10W-30 (SF specification) for use in vehicles manufactured after 1988
- DG SAE 10W-40 (SF specification) for use in vehicles manufactured after 1988
- DG SAE 30 (SA specification) for use in vehicles manufactured after 1930
You will need to submit a valid claim form to receive up to $16.80 without proof of purchase or $1.68 per quart for up to 10 quarts. If you have proof of purchase, you can submit your claim for a full refund.
If the motor oil has caused damage to your car, you can file a claim* as well. With the claim you can include an affidavit from an ASE-certified mechanic, the Class Member will be eligible for the following cash payments, depending on the vehicle’s mileage:
- Up to $2,250 if the vehicle was model year 2010 or later and had less than 100,000 miles on it at the time the engine damage occurred
- Up to $1,250 if the vehicle was model year 2000-2009, had between 100,001 and 200,000 miles on it at the time the engine was damaged, or meets one of the criteria of the above but not both
- Up to $750 if the claim does not meet the criteria of the first two groups but otherwise qualifies
*Note: The deadline to submit a claim for property damage is August 23, 2021.
Source: Top Class Actions
Get a copy of the book How to Shop for Free
Sign up for our Email List so you never miss a deal
Never miss a freebie again! Join our “Free Free Free” Facebook Group today!
..and you can find freebies in our “Free Samples and Freebies” forum as well 😉
You’re never far from a freebie here at How to Shop for FREE®
Looking for a place to order coupons in bulk? Check out Daily Dimes for all your clipping service needs!