Exciting News: We are now on Telegram and BAND
Never miss a deal! Get all the newest deals sent via Text
FBI Warning: Online Classrooms getting Hacked
As many students are now transitioning to online learning, the FBI warns that virtual learning platforms are at risk of hijacking.
“As large numbers of people turn to video-teleconferencing (VTC) platforms to stay connected in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, reports of VTC hijacking (also called “Zoom-bombing”) are emerging nationwide”, stated Kristen Setera of FBI Boston.
There have been numerous reports of conferences being intercepted with things such as pornographic material, hate images, and threatening languages.
Below are a few steps to protect yourself
- Do not make meetings or classrooms public. In Zoom, there are two options to make a meeting private: require a meeting password or use the waiting room feature and control the admittance of guests.
- Do not share a link to a teleconference or classroom on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
- Manage screensharing options. In Zoom, change screensharing to “Host Only.”
- Ensure users are using the updated version of remote access/meeting applications. In January 2020, Zoom updated their software. In their security update, the teleconference software provider added passwords by default for meetings and disabled the ability to randomly scan for meetings to join.
- Lastly, ensure that your organization’s telework policy or guide addresses requirements for physical and information security
For more details, go HERE
Get a copy of the book How to Shop for Free
Sign up for our Email List so you never miss a deal
Never miss a freebie again! Join our “Free Free Free” Facebook Group today!
..and you can find freebies in our “Free Samples and Freebies” forum as well 😉
You’re never far from a freebie here at How to Shop for FREE®
Looking for a place to order coupons in bulk? Check out Daily Dimes for all your clipping service needs!