FREE Books for every Kellogg’s Purchase!
Sale Dates: Until 9/30/2019
Kellogg’s is currently running a promotion called Feeding Reading, where if you purchase a participating Kellogg’s Product, you’ll get one free book! One product is equal to one book, and each account is limited to 10 books. You can either claim the books for yourself or choose to have them donated them to a school or library. You can even have family members participate for you under their accounts- think grandparents and friends without school aged children. When they redeem their book purchase it asks where to ship it. Get your entire family involved and stock your bookshelves with FREE BOOKS!
Here’s how to do this deal:
- Buy a participating Kellogg’s®, Keebler®, Pringle’s® or Cheez-It® participating products. A complete list is located HERE.
- Scan Your receipt on Kellogg’s website HERE (this is different than just scanning to earn KFR points). ** YOU MUST SCAN YOUR RECEIPT. It will not work even if you’re automatically enrolled via your store rewards card.**
- Please note: Receipts must be submitted within 30 days of purchase, and submitted no later than 10/30/2019.
- Within 24-72 hours, your receipt will be verified and you will receive an email with a credit to redeem for a book of your choice to keep or donate. Credits must be redeemed by 12/1/2019. Earn them now and hang on to them for Christmas Gifts!
To Redeem your Credits:
- After you have gotten your credit notification via email, go HERE and log in. At the TOP of the page you’ll see your name and how many credits you have. There is a link you can click on to redeem your credits.
- Choose to either Donate Your Book Credits or Redeem your Book Credits.
- If you’re going to Redeem, click Order now.
- Pick which books you want to redeem, and select “Get It.”
- Confirm your Shipping Address, here’s where you can enter your own address, or a friend/family member’s address as a gift.
- Press Continue, then Review and Place your Order! Simple as that!
It can take up to 8 weeks to arrive after you have placed your order.
If you’re having trouble with anything, go HERE for a list of troubleshooting advice.