Getting paid to get healthy at Walgreens!!
If there’s one thing I’ve read over and over again is that the couponing/frugal lifestyle means making unhealthy choices. Not true, at all. In fact people trying to get healthy have many opportunities for saving if they look around at what’s available to them. If you’re like me, getting started on a healthy lifestyle can seem overwhelming but after learning about the Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices at Walgreens, how can I NOT want to earn some money for getting in gear!
You may be aware of Walgreens balance rewards points that you can earn to save money on purchases at Walgreens, but did you know they give a financial incentive for almost every healthy choice you make?
Take a look at the ways you can earn rewards points:
- Walking can earn you 20 points per mile! Depending on your stride, if you’re a person who aims for 10,000 steps per day that can work out to 5 miles or 100 points PER DAY just for doing what you already do. You can log your activity right in the app or…..
- Link a device or app like your fitbit to earn a one time 250 bonus points.
- Set an exercise goal! When you reach your first goal you’ll earn 250 points.
- Lose weight and track your progress in the app, set a 6 month goal and earn 20 points per weight entry.
- Exercise can earn you 20 points per entry. Log those workouts!
- Monitor your blood pressure earn 20 points every time you log a new reading and earn a one time 250 bonus points when you link the app to a monitor.
- Manage your diabetes and earn 20 points per blood glucose entry.
- Need ANOTHER reason to quit smoking? Walgreens thought of that too! Earn 20 points every time you log the use of NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) and set a quit goal to earn another 250 points when the first goal is reached!
- Refill a prescription and get 100 points for a 30 day prescription, 300 points for a 90 day prescription.
There are limitations to the program, max points etc. You can see all the details HERE . The way I see it, the BIGGEST reward is good health, and if I can earn a few bucks to use toward my purchases at Walgreens I’ve scored big!