Golden Graham Pan-Cake! ..an Easy HTSFF Recipe!
Written (& baked, lol) by: Ashley Rockel
This is a delicious, quick and easy-to-assemble recipe that you, your friends and family will love! This cake was inspired by breakfast, but it makes an amazing companion for a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot cup of coffee for dessert for company 😉 Check out this super simple, sinful HTSFF recipe:
—Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
—Grease an 8″ round cake pan (butter or cooking spray, your choice) *I prefer to use a pop-out cheesecake-style pan for this cake; the cake is very light and that pan makes it easier to remove 🙂 Not a necessity, but just a tip.
- 1 cup complete pancake mix
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 stick butter (1/4 cup) melted
- 1/2 tspn. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tspn. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. softened butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. pancake mix
- 1/4 tspn. ground cinnamon
- 1 handful Golden Grahams, coarsely crushed by hand
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1) First let’s mix up the cake batter! Mix all your dry ingredients first, stirring well to combine.
2) In a separate bowl, crack your egg first then add your remaining wet ingredients in with the egg and stir well to combine. (Eggshell Life Hack: In case of any shell pieces in your bowl, you can pull those out easily using a large piece of the remaining eggshell.. the small piece that fell in will cling to the large shell that you’re using to scoop it out! You’ll be chasing the shell piece around your egg bowl with your finger if you try it, believe me lol.)
3) Mix the wet and dry together to combine completely until smooth.
4) In a separate bowl, mix up all the topping ingredients until it forms a crumbly texture.
5) Pour cake batter into greased pan and top with lumps of crumble. It will look like mine above when it goes in!
6) Bake 26-28 minutes until knife or toothpick comes out of center clean.. should come out looking like this!
7) Let cool at least 10-15 min. before removing from pan. Served delicious at ANY temperature 😛
I hope you enjoy 🙂