There are only 39 days until Black Friday 2010!
If you have been following me for the past few years, you already know that Black Friday is my favorite day of the entire year. To me BF should be a Holiday marked on every calendar. Thanksgiving is more of an eat, drink and sleep day; but Black Friday is a look-out-here-I-come, fill-my-cart-with-bargains kind of day. This is the only day of the year I don’t focus just on free.
As promised here are a few teaser tips to get you in the spirit of the Holiday.
- Tip 1: Plan ahead. Don’t wait for the ads to come on Thanksgiving day to plan your trips. You can get a peek at leaked BF ads on many websites a few weeks prior to turkey day.
- Tip 2: Black Friday also offers incentives and sales for items that normally don’t go on sale (i.e. IPods, laptops, etc). You can get savings as well as a free $50.00 gift card. Many large stores with big ticketed items will offer you something extra if you buy from them.
- Tip 3. I hate to see people apply for plastic; but if you can trust yourself, BF is a great day to apply for a store card to get an additional % off all your BF purchases. You can also cancel your store credit cards now and reopen on BF to get those additional savings.
- Tip 4. Some stores are even open on Thanksgiving day for those that can’t wait and want to shop off some of the pumpkin pie, so check with the stores in your state and see if they are offering Thanksgiving Day deals.
- Tip 5. If you have certain stores where you will be shopping, make sure you friend them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter. Doing so will put you in the know if they start the sale early. And they do. So if a store sells out and you scratch your head wondering why, you now know it’s because they offered the deal first to their followers. Follow me ‘HTSFF” on Twitter, and I will be sure to Tweet the deals as I get them.
- Tip 6. CVS as well as other drug stores will have plenty of free after ECB deals every Thanksgiving day weekend for those that want to focus on just free. We will have plenty of time to plan your deals and get your coupons with the leaked ads.
- Tip 7. Make sure you hold on to some of your store %-off coupons that you may want to use on BF. A 30% coupon may make a great deal on a $30.00 item, but if you are grabbing $200.00 worth of BF deals, then that will be worth so much more to you that day.
How to Shop for Free