Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This recipe is so simple make one for dinner tonight and freeze the other one for a busy night
Cut chicken into 1/2 inches pieces and place in big pan with sliced carrots, onions and celery cover with water bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
Put it back in the pan, add butter stir until melted. Then stir in flour, salt, pepper, frozen peas and celery seeds. Slowly stir in broth and milk cook stirring until thick.
Divide between the two pie plates.
Top with pie crust
Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients + Coupons
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken cut into 1/2 inch cubes $1/1 CLICK HERE use zip 77477 if you can’t find it
- 2 cups of sliced carrots
- 1 box of frozen peas
- 1 cup of sliced celery
- 2/3 cups of chopped onion 75/1 CLICK HERE
- 1 stick of butter
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- 32 oz carton of chicken broth
- 1 & 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crust for top of the pie .50/2 CLICK HERE for coupon
- 1 package of frozen pie crust in the foil pan