Restaurants participate in Dine Out to raise funds for Share Our Strength No Kid Hungry campaign
September is the time of year when restaurants across the nation team up and ask their guests to dine out and support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. Throughout the month, thousands of restaurants nationwide sponsor promotions and fundraisers in their restaurants to raise awareness and funds to help end childhood hunger in the United States.
· Joe’s Crab Shack is offering guests an opportunity to donate to the cause and receive coupons for free items on their next visit. For every $1 donation, guests receive a free kid’s meal; with a $5 donation, a free appetizer; and with a $10 donation, a free crab bucket (on sale starting now through Sept. 30, 2013). Joe’s has 130 locations in 31 states. (Image available upon request).
· Macaroni Grill is also offering guests an opportunity to donate to the cause and receive coupons for free items on their next visit. For every $1 donation, guests receive a voucher for a free Tiramisu with the purchase of an adult entrée; for every $5 donation, guests receive a voucher for a free Antipasta with the purchase of an adult entrée; and for every $10 donation, guests receive a voucher for a free Romano’s Classic Dish with the purchase of an adult entrée (on sale starting now through Sept. 30, 2013). Macaroni Grill has 180+ locations throughout the U.S.
· Bruegger’s Bagels will sell coupon books for $5, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the campaign, redeemable for free bagels, soups or sandwiches (some with purchase) through November, a value of more than $25 (on sale 9/11 – 9/30). To kick off the fundraiser, the first 25 guests at each bakery who purchase a $5 coupon book and one of Bruegger’s Bagel’s top-selling Big Bagel Bundles (a baker’s dozen and two 6.5-ounce tubs of cold-packed cream cheese) will also receive a free No Kid Hungry tote bag. Each $5 purchase helps provide a child with up to 50 nutritious meals. Bruegger’s Bagels has more than 300 locations throughout the U.S.
· CiCi’s Pizza will make a donation for every 32-oz beverage that is sold during the month of September, pledging a minimum of $25,000. CiCi’s will also be doing Facebook and Instagram promotions where guests can upload images of their 32 oz CiCi’s cups, screenshots of their online pledge donations, and more for a chance to be the featured fan of the week where CiCi’s will make a $25 donation on behalf of the fan. CiCi’s Pizza has approximately 500 locations in the U.S.
· Brick House Tavern + Tap is offering guests an opportunity to donate to the cause and receive coupons for free items on their next visit. For every $1 donation, guests receive free deviled eggs on their next visit, and with every $5 donation, a free “Snack” item or an order of Brick House’s famous meatballs. Brick House has 16 restaurants throughout the U.S.