How to Stay Virus FREE @ The Grocery Store!
If you are like many of us, you are wondering what if I need more bread or milk? How do I go to my local grocery store and still be safe? As of today many states are setting curfews to encourage social distancing and stores have changed their hours so that they can restock their shelves.
First and foremost, if you are not feeling well, please do not leave your home. Send a family member or friend if you absolutely need essentials.
If you absolutely need to run out, here are tips to help you stay virus free:
- Before you leave your home, wash your hands. Seems crazy, BUT if you are sick and do not know it, you risk touching things while you are out that could make others sick.
- Bring antibacterial wipes or hand sanitizer (must contain at least 60% alcohol) into car with you.
- When you arrive at the store, bring three wipes in with you:
- Wipe the cart or hand basket that you have to touch immediately
- Use another to open refrigerated/frozen doors as you grab your items
- Use the third at checkout to wipe the credit card keypad before you use and also your card after you swipe. You can also use ApplePay or the sort from your phone. If you have to handle cash, please refrain from touching your face.
- When finished, toss all wipes/ cleaning cloths.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or face at all until you can wash your hands.
- Try to keep some distance between yourself and the next shopper, even while standing in line.
- Pack your bags into the car. At some point you will need to wipe/disinfect your car door handle, steering wheel etc.
- Disinfect your wallet, credit card, phone case, keys, coupon binder/envelope, reusable bags, and any personal items that you had to touch during your trip to the store
- Disinfect the front door knob of your home after you bring in all bags.
- If you purchased produce, wash thoroughly.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds as recommended by CDC.
Remember to shop for only the essentials that you need so that others have an opportunity to buy the same. Most stores have set limits so that this can be enforced.
If you need to get gas, please practice the same caution. Disinfect your hands after pumping gas or handing the attendant your money/card, etc.
The best thing that we can recommend is that you stay home. Stay safe friends!
More tips from members –
If you do not have wipes, you can use bleach on paper towels. Thanks Valerie!
If you use reusable bags, wash them as much as possible after use. Thanks Gale!
MORE steps you can take to protect yourself >>>> HERE!
Exciting News: We are now on Telegram and BAND
Never miss a deal! Get all the newest deals sent via Text
Get a copy of the book How to Shop for Free
Sign up for our Email List so you never miss a deal
Never miss a freebie again! Join our “Free Free Free” Facebook Group today!
..and you can find freebies in our “Free Samples and Freebies” forum as well 😉
You’re never far from a freebie here at How to Shop for FREE®
Looking for a place to order coupons in bulk? Check out Daily Dimes for all your clipping service needs!