Not so good news for our cereal stockpiles. A recent study conducted by The Environmental Working Group (EWG) found potentially unsafe amounts of the herbicide glyphosate (a chemical found in Roundup Weed Killer) in a number of popular breakfast cereals and snacks including Cheerios and Quaker Oats.
According to the study, these products listed are ones with potentially unsafe levels of Glyphosate
- Back to Nature Classic Granola
- Quaker Simply Granola Oats (Honey, Raisin and Almonds)
- Nature Valley Granola Protein (Oats ‘n Honey)
- Giant Instant Oatmeal Original Flavor
- Quaker Dinosaur Eggs Instant Oatmeal
- Great Value Original Instant Oatmeal
- Umpqua Oats – Maple Pecan Flavored
- Market Pantry Instant Oatmeal
- Cheerios Toasted Whole Grain Oat Cereal
- Lucky Charms (without marshmallows)
- Barbara’s Multigrain Spoonfuls Cereal
- Kellogg’s Cracklin’ Oat Bran Cereal
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars (Oats ‘n Honey)
- Quaker Steel Cut Oats
- Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
In their own defense, General Mills has stated, “Our products are safe and without question they meet regulatory safety levels.” Quaker Oats, who was also named in the report, has also responded to the claims, saying that they “proudly stand by the safety and quality” of its products, adding that they “do not add glyphosate during any part of the milling process.
For more info on the study and to see a full list of grain products tested, CLICK HERE.
Never miss a freebie again! Join our “Free Free Free” Facebook Group today!
..and you can find freebies in our “Free Samples and Freebies” forum as well 😉
You’re never far from a freebie here at How to Shop for FREE®
Looking for a place to order coupons in bulk? Check out Daily Dimes for all your clipping service needs!