New to Rite Aid? Here’s all you need to know to start shopping for FREE at Rite Aid
Before we even get started you want to make sure that you have a Plenti Card. Your Plenti Card is the Key to the Kingdom so if you don’t have a Plenti Card you will need to sign up for one. You can sign up ONLINE or in the store. I would suggest signing up in the store so that you have your card right away. Once you have your card you can start earning points. Remember to complete your enrollment HERE so that you can start spending all those points that you will be earning.
What makes the Plenti Card different from all your other rewards cards? Plenti is the rewards program that lets you earn points in one place and use them at another, all with a single card. Earn points at Plenti partners like AT&T, Exxon, Macy’s, Mobil, Nationwide, and Rite Aid. HERE is a list of all the Plenti Partners. I get points every month just for paying my AT&T cell phone bill and then I use them at Rite Aid.
Wellness+ Points vs. Plenti Points
Wellness+ Points – You’ll earn one wellness+ point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases when you scan your Plenti card at the register or make purchases online at RiteAid.com. You’ll also earn 25 wellness+ points on most prescription purchases. Some exclusions may apply. Your wellness+ points reset at the beginning of every calendar year. These points can not be “spent”. Wellness+ Points are used to earn Bronze, Silver or Gold Status for extra savings every day. These points take a few days to show up on your receipt so don’t panic when you don’t see them immediately after your purchase.
When you are new, your Wellness+ status is Bronze. Earn 500 Wellness+ points in a calendar year to reach Silver and 1,000 for Gold. Your Wellness+ points reset at the beginning of every calendar year, but any Bronze, Silver, or Gold discounts you earn this year are good through the end of next year.
Bronze status members receive (1) one-time-use 10% off shopping pass for every 100 wellness+ points earned until they reach 499 points.
At Silver (500 wellness+ points), enjoy 10% off the entire store for the year.
Made it to Gold (1,000 wellness+ points)? You’ll get 20% off the entire store for the year.
If an item is on sale, you will get either the sale price or your discount, whichever is lower.
Plenti Points – When you shop at Rite Aid as a Plenti Member, you can earn points by purchasing specially marked Plenti-eligible products. Look for these offers in the weekly sales circular, in the store on specially tagged “Rite Buy” monthly offers or online at RiteAid.com. Keep in mind that not all “As Advertised” or “Rite Buy” items earn Plenti Points. The shelf tag will indicate if you will earn Plenti Points on your purchase. You can earn additional Plenti Points with special weekly offers that can be accessed at Plenti.com/offers.
You can also earn Plenti points by making eligible purchases at Plenti partners.
How long are my Plenti Points good? Take your time (although with all the great deals at Rite Aid lately your points won’t sit idle) because earned points are good for 2 YEARS!
Now that I’ve earned Plenti Points, when do I get them? Any Plenti Points earned today are eligible to use after 6am tomorrow.
How do I use my Plenti Points? When you check out at the Register, there will be a prompt asking if you would like to use your Plenti Points. You have to use a minimum of 200 points at a time but then you can use them in any amount as long as it’s at least 200. For example, if your total is $8.76 you can use 876 points to pay for your entire purchase. Points can even be applied to the tax for those states that have a state sales tax – I’m lucky to live in the Sales Tax Free state of NH.
Before I start shopping, are there any other ways I can save at Rite Aid?
Load2Card (L2C) – A convenient coupon tool that lets you select coupons online and load them directly onto your Plenti card. When you check out any eligible coupons will automatically be deducted from your total. These are Manufacturers Coupons so you are not able to stack them with a paper Manufacturers Coupon.
Wellness+ 65 – A free program created just for seniors with benefits including 20% off on the first Wednesday of every month – Click HERE to sign up and view the full program.
Wellness+ Allergy – Coming in the Spring so check back soon!
RX Savings Program – Sign up HERE to save 15% or more on thousands of brand name and generic prescription drugs.
Rite Aid Coupon Policy
Every store has their own coupon acceptance policies so it is best to print a copy and keep it with you for reference. Here is the most current Rite Aid Coupon Policy
Here are some of the highlights (as of May 2015)
- Coupons must be valid and in date; Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Register will validate coupon through scanning or keyed entry of the coupon UPC number.
- In the event that any item’s selling price is less than the value of the coupon, Rite Aid will accept the coupon in exchange for the selling price of the item. Coupon redemption can never exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is allowed.
- When making a return for a product that had a coupon attached, Rite Aid cannot refund cash for the value of the coupon and cannot return the coupon that was used.
- Rite Aid reserves the right to not accept any coupon where the validity of the coupon cannot be established.
- More than one coupon can be used on the purchase of a single item under the following conditions:
- All coupons match the item being purchased.
- The total of the coupons is equal to or less than the selling price of the item before sales tax.
- No more than one “48” Rite Aid Valuable coupon, one “49” Rite Aid Manufacturer coupon, and one Manufacturer coupon can be used on a single item.
- Rite Aid may accept up to 4 identical coupons for the same number of qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers within the store manager’s sole discretion.
- Rite Aid may feature total purchase coupons, which discount the total purchase amount based upon meeting specific requirements. For example, $5 off a $25 purchase price threshold coupon.
- These coupons are accepted under the following conditions:
- The coupon is valid and in date; only one total purchase coupon per transaction.
- Total purchase equals or exceeds $25 before tax (before any coupons are applied).
- Coupons for individual items can also be used including another “48” coupon that is tied to an item in the transaction.
- Provided the total of items purchased is equal to or greater than the purchase requirement, other coupons can be used in conjunction with the total purchase coupon.
- These coupons are accepted under the following conditions:
Rite Aid accepts Buy One, Get One Free coupons, however only one coupon can be used for each pair of items purchased. A customer can use one “cents off” coupon (a coupon of fixed value such as $.50, $1.25, etc.) in conjunction with the item they are purchasing on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion (or with a Buy One, Get One Free coupon), although the value of the cents off coupon cannot exceed the selling price of the item. Customers can use up to two coupons with a Buy One, Get One at a % off promotion, provided the total value of the coupons does not exceed the selling price of the two items combined.
- Buy One, Get One Free coupons cannot be used in conjunction with a Buy One, Get One Free or with a Buy One, Get One at a % off promotion.
Now that I understand how Plenti works, how do I shop for FREE at Rite Aid?
Make sure that you are following the weekly Rite Aid Forum posts at HowtoShopforFree.net
Join our Rite Aid Freebies and Deals Facebook Group
Now that you have found out the best deals at Rite Aid by using our Forum and Facebook Group, put your list together using our Printable Shopping List
Make your first purchase and earn some points! Once you have earned points, plan your next shopping trip. The key to shopping for free is to pay for your purchase with available Plenti Points while earning points that you can use on your next shopping trip – this is also known as rolling your points.
Once you get home, snap a picture and post your success on our Rite Aid Freebies and Deals Facebook Group with a breakdown of how you did it. This will help out any Members that want to duplicate your success. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Who knows, maybe we’ll even front page your brag at HowtoShopforFree.net!