Cheesy Mac & Tot Dog Casserole—New HTSFF Recipe!
Here’s a family friendly recipe that you can quickly throw together on a busy night! It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, and everything is assembled and baked in one dish. That means EASY CLEANUP!
Assemble this casserole from items we all have recently gotten great deals on (Bob Evans Sides and Hillshire Farms Lil Smokies) so here’s a great way to utilize them!
- 1-Bob Evans Mac & Cheese side dish
- 13-15 Hillshire Farms Lil Smokies
- about 3 handfuls frozen tots
- cheese, your choice – I used 4 slices of provolone
- 6 whole chives, minced – 2 scallions would also work
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder (to taste)
Get Prepped: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1) Empty entire Bob Evans mac & cheese into bottom of casserole into an even layer,
& Nestle Lil Smokies into mac & cheese, leaving space around each.
2) Sprinkle the tots over the bottom layer, but not overlapping. You want just enough to be an even layer without crowding, otherwise the tops don’t crisp! At this point, sprinkle the tots with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
**STOP HERE & Bake 15**
3) Pull from oven and top with cheese.
4) Bake 10 more minutes, until cheese just starts to brown
5) Sprinkle on lots of chives, or scallions!! It’s a must, I promise you 😛
I actually just made this for the first time last night, but hubs flipped his lid (the good way, haha) and said he was full but it was so good he still wanted more, lol. I’m sure your kids will react the same, this dish is full of kid-friendly foods!