Types of Catalina Coupons
Catalina (CAT’s) are coupons that print out from a Catalina machine that sits next to the register. Typically they print after your purchase.
There are different types items that you can receive from the magical CAT machine. Here are some of them, if not all.
1. On your next order (OYNO) coupons – These are earned when you buy specific products under a current CAT promotion. i.e. buy 6 Gerber products get 3.00 off OYNO.
These types of CAT’s can be used on anything and in conjunction with mfr and store coupons. The sky’s the limit with these, per se.
2. Manufacturer (MFR) coupons-the machine will print out mfr q’s. You CANNOT use these with other mfr q’s, whether it be internet printables (IP) or insert coupons.
3. Store q’s – You CANNOT use these with other store coupons, i.e. the ones you receive in the mail. You can however combine these with mfr coupons and LTC e-coupons at Stop & Shop and MyMixx q’s at Shaw’s.
4. Catalina Previews – You will get CAT’s that will let you know what the next CAT deal is coming up or current deal is. i.e. buy 7 soups get 3.00 off OYNO from x date to x date. These cannot be used for any discount. They are just informative. They will say “Not a redeemable coupon” on the top of them.
5. Store Deal Previews – Sometimes the machine will print out advertisements of upcoming deals. These cannot be used for any discount. They are just informative.
6. Other store’s coupons – Sometimes the CAT machine will give you other store’s coupons as a form of cross promotion. i.e. Coupon good for 25% off Michael’s. This type of q can only be used in the store it says on the CAT.
I can’t find an example of this, but I tend to get a 19.95 oil change CAT q from Walgreen’s a lot.
What do do if you don’t receive your CAT?
We have that covered HERE