How to Get Walmart to Pay you for Coupons
No matter how many times we talk about Walmart’s coupon policy there are always a lot of you that are in disbelief. I agree it sounds to good to be true but it really is true!
Walmart’s coupon policy states if the coupon value exceeds the price of the item they will either allow you to apply the overage to items in your cart of physically hand you the cash back. That is the nationwide policy.
Why on earth would they do that? It’s actually quite simple. Stores get reimbursed the face value of the coupon plus a handling fee. It is not coming out of their pockets. Coupons are a form of currency and actually helps the stores. Walmart was the first store to be smart enough to see that couponer’s help their bottom line.
Walmart realizes that couponer’s are their bread and butter and whether we pay with coupons, cash or credit cards it’s all the same thing at the end of the day. Basic economics teaches you a sale is a sale.
Still don’t believe it? Here it is in black and white
If coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied toward the basket purchase.
I strongly suggest that all of you print out a copy of the policy and highlight this section. If you encounter a non coupon friendly employee you can calmly and kindly whip out the policy and point to the highlighted section.
Click Here to print a copy of the policy.
Here’s more great info:
- Fall Vegetable Gardens ~ What to Plant now
- 10 Items you can ALWAYS Get for FREE at CVS!
- *NEW* Stop & Shop Website and App coming soon- Big changes headed our way!
- NEW Covid-19 Travel Order
- Say What? Stores are announcing Black Friday Weekend closures already! Is your favorite closed?
- Need help? You may qualify for Food Stamps
- How to Stack Your $5 off $20 Gain & $5 off $25 Purchase Coupons at Dollar General
- The Secrets to Couponing
- How to Order Groceries Online Using ShopRite from Home
- Download the Stop and Shop Scan It App!
- 5 Simple Steps to Start (or add to) Your Emergency Fund
- Facebook Avatar: How to make yours!
- How to Get Free Clothes!
- 7 Apps to Help You Save Money While Socially-Distancing