Grocery sales are a great way to save money while shopping for food. This can be done by taking advantage of store sales, coupons, and loyalty programs. Being aware of what’s on sale each week can help you plan your meals in advance and get the most for your money. This week Stop & Shop has Ground Beef and Tortilla Chips on sale! Turn Taco Tuesday into a soup night!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can corn, drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, jalapeños, tortilla chips
1. In a large pot, cook the ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until the beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
2. Add the black beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, Ro-Tel tomatoes, corn, beef broth, and taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
3. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Serve the soup with desired toppings. Enjoy!