10 Ways To Save Gasoline To Improve Mileage
1. Regular automobile maintenance is said to improve gasoline mileage by around 19%
2. When possible, pulling your vehicle into a parking space can improve mileage by around 25% or more compared to backing out of the spot to leave. This is also safer to have a better view.
3. Avoid left-hand turns when possible by planning travel routes. It saves on time waiting for oncoming traffic, which also reduces gasoline wasted idling.
4. Slow down. If you stick to the speed limit you can improve mileage as much as 55%
5. Using cruise control is said to improve gas mileage by an additional 7%, according to Edmunds.com.
6. Save gasoline by getting out of habit of warming your cars before driving. This was recommended in the past but newer vehicles no longer need to warm the engine before taking off.
7. Similarly, reduce your idling time such as waiting in line at a drive-through for more than 10 seconds. You can improve mileage up to 19 percent and often save time simply by going inside.
8. If you stop the hard stops and starts you can improve gas mileage and additional wear and tear on the brakes and engine.
9. Cleaning out your car by de-cluttering the vehicle of unnecessary junk (especially the trunk) can improve mileage per gallon which adds up mile after mile of being lugged around.
10. Driving to your furthest destination will improve the efficiency compared to stopping and starting the engines before the engine is fully warmed up.
Knowledge is power. Just a few simple swaps can significantly take you further for less.